MONDAY, MAY 20, 2013
Here are six household items you encounter every day that could be hazardous to your health:
1. Carpet Mold and fungus - If you can't seem to get that musty smell out of your home, mold and fungus in old carpet and rugs may be to blame. Fungus and mold can develop under rugs that are exposed to water - bathroom rugs, for example, can be a hotbed for mold - as well as in dry areas that aren't cleaned regularly.
2. Contaminated water-pitcher filters - Many savvy consumers have replaced bottled water with more-economical water filters. However, if you use any type of pitcher with removable filters, make sure you're changing out that filter on a regular basis.
3. Plug-in air freshener refill solution - As convenient as those plug-in air fresheners are, those handy little refill packets could be harmful to your health. Puncture those packets too early and you'll end up getting the oils that can cause bad skin reactions, on you.
4. Toxic ammonia all-purpose cleaners - Ammonia has been a standby household cleaning product for decades, but you need to make sure you keep this particular cleaning product out of the hands of young children.
5. Toothpaste toxins - If you're not using organic or herb-based toothpaste and tend to stick with some of the major brands, you could be ingesting trace amounts of toxins and some artificial sweeteners you would never add to your diet.
6. Poisonous compounds in furniture polish - Another household cleaning item that could be damaging your health is furniture polish. Be very careful when applying liquid furniture polish to furnishings so you aren't inhaling some of the fumes.
Source: Mammoth Restoration and Cleaning
Posted 4:10 PM
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only.
It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional
in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between
you and the blog and website publisher.