TUESDAY, JUNE 4, 2013
Fruits and vegetables can help with your overall health in many ways; it can help prevent certain diseases, like cancer and diabetes, etc. It can help with obesity and weight control and it can improve the skin, nails, hair, etc.
Here are 8 tips to increase your fruit and vegetable consumption:
- Make a point of buying more fruits and vegetables.
- Purchase convenience sizes, if this will help you eat more fruits and vegetables.
- If you are budget conscious, package fruit or vegetables in snack size servings, such as bag a handful of cut up carrots or baby carrots, cubed watermelon and store in an airtight container or bag, etc.
- Make a tray or plate of fresh fruit and/or vegetables and leave in the refrigerator, while fixing a meal, sitting in front of the television or just wanting to munch on something, take the tray out and eat.
- If you just don’t enjoy fruit, experiment and find the fruit you enjoy most and incorporate that into your diet.
- Include fruit in yogurt, salads, cereal, ice-cream and other desserts.
- If you don’t enjoy vegetables, experiment and find the vegetable you enjoy most and incorporate that into your diet.
- Incorporate vegetables in soups, stews, pies, wraps and sandwiches.
Posted 1:58 PM
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only.
It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional
in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between
you and the blog and website publisher.